But there are only SO many people who I'll let tell me what to do....
So this week I picked the assignment to:
4.) Write a list about what's on my mind this week (Ah, a list seems a tad more laid back than my longer ramblings...)
So this week I've been thinking about:
1. How to 'encourage' the Allied claims adjuster to give me a free rental car. No, it was NOT included in our policy. But, it WAS his fault for outsourcing our appraisal, taking a vacation and then sittting on our estimate all weekend....effectively stranding this sweet mom of three for over TWO weeks before they even touch our truck. I have legitimate complaints here people!
2. How disgusting it is that the 'affordable' earrings Talia got for Christmas managed to embed themselves into the back of her ear. We're talking gaping, infected hole....and she NEVER complained! I just went to take them off and actually had to surgically remove the backing from one ear. Thank God I had the urge to change those earrings......sooner rather than later! Please don't call CPS- her ears Really ARE clean, I swear!
3. How I've been stuck at home for almost 3 weeks and yet my laundry STILL piles up! I guess I should get organized with my laundry. Really....washing for five is non-stop, and if I decide to take a couple days off, SOMEONE starts complaining about not having socks or underwear.... Good grief...I need to give that maid a raise!
4. How it's inevitable that when you book a large vacation, everything around you needs to be repaired....and STAT.....our printer, our bathroom sink, our truck, my laptop...oh and the list goes on!
5. How eager I was to clean out my fridge when I heard about spores from my friend who studied microbiology.....(spores= what made the food in my childhood fridge constantly grow fur) .......I don't have spores thank you, but don't WANT them!
6. How fun it is to have 'Fourteen Days of Purpose' to shake things up a bit!
7. How this round of unfortunate events has taught me alot about the value of staying home and focusing on my 'jobs' rather than my 'social' engagements. Don't get me wrong...we will remain social butterflies...that's the nature of our homeschooling adventure....but I'm also finding a contentment at home now too!
8. How beautiful it is that my friend is expecting again after having a miscarriage earlier this year. God made our bodies SO amazing...and what a gift for a woman to carry a child!
9. How blessed I am to be going to Maui, and to be able to use random Christmas gift cards/returns to buy clothes, etc for our trip :D
10. How blessed we have been to live here for the last two years.....though we thought we'd have moved away by now. I wouldn't trade the friendships (old and new), or the time with our familiy, or ALL the memories we've made in that time frame...for anything in the world!!