Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More Happy Thoughts

My thumb is not green, heck it's not even in the green family....it's probably more red, especially since I shut the van door on it this week....but that's another story.
But the Green thumb I'm talking about has to do with plants....
it's a foreign concept to me. I do my best to water them, heck I'll even conversate with the darn things to make them grow. But beyond that I'm at a loss.
So that explains why my 10 year old palm tree is slowly withering in a corner of my home, or why I think it's ok for a plant to be watered only once a month.

However, I am VERY conscious about watering when I FIRST plant a new flower or plant.
But then my reasoning takes over and I think my 'thoughts' are enough for the plant to drink from. Oh, I THOUGHT about watering the plants today....doesn't that count!?
So I'll keep putting it off until I see brown leaves or withering stems......them I swoop in and drown the poor dears. I'm really a very unsympathetic gardener.

So I was really jiving with Jeremiah 17:7-8
"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."


Wow, so if I'm like a tree to God, and He's this Master Gardener.......then I'm fully assured to get water. And not just any sporadic watering like I might give, but STREAMS of living water!

There is no fear of being left alone to wither and even half die......my leaves will always stay green ....that makes me smile!

Because this promise covers me, even if I choose to scoot away from the Gardener, or try to do it all on my own, without His water. He knows I'll start to wither, and He's right there keeping up the supply.

I was just so grateful when I read that. My heart did a happy dance. I'm not alone in this walk, and I can have CONFIDENCE that there WILL be good in my life as I see His 'fruit' bud and grow and turn into nourishment for others.

I'm a tree...I'm a tree ;)

3 comments:

Maritez said...

I'm with you...much rather BE watered, than have to remember to water anything. You know... you've seen those sad, pathetic, neglected plants that I always let die :(

So HAPPY that God doesn't forget about us like we forget about those poor little plants!

MommyDesiree said...

Here! Here!

...as a matter of fact i need to dive in to Him today...

Love you!

Jennifer P. said...

That was such a beautiful ananlogy! I love coming in contact with God's goodness in the course of my daily life---guess that's why Jesus taught in parables...so we could be going about our business and suddenly go "I get it!".

May you grow to be the strongest, prettiest tree around!