Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In Celebration of the Jeglums

The other day I posted about a day full of parties.
May I take a moment to highlight just one of them?

For, I am NOW the proud possessor of evidence
that Love CAN be fit into a box.
Well atleast into a photograph sized 'box.'
Stay tuned and you'll see what I mean.

Here are just a few of the people who joined us 'In Celebration'
for Mrs. Dena Jeglum.
She and her hubby Dennis greeted over 130 people at their door that day.
And in the end, these were the only ones worthy to be in her keepsake picture.
Can you see why?

Ok, fine, those funny faces were made by request......
and we were only caught on camera by default ----there was no scale of worthiness.
For who are we anyways in the sight of a perfect God??

Ahem, I am now digging a hole!

In order to make up for that comment, I'll now post the 'real' faces of those who were snagged for a group shot.
Many others had come and gone throughout the day. Most stayed for hours.

Through soaring temperatures we basked in the fellowship, and chatted on into the evening.
Only the Jeglums could succeed in bringing folks from all walks of life to join them in celebrating!
I know this is a day they will treasure always.

I saw a tiny glimpse of the partying we'll be doing at the end of this life.
Filled with laughter over good things, and smiles over feasting.
Koinonia at it's finest if you ask me.

It was a day worthy of a beautiful life lived. And lives that continue to be lived beautifully.
Dena and Dennis live not only in word, but also in deed.
I admire their candor, their fervent faith, and their genuine interest in the lives of others. They LIVE hospitably both inside the confines of their home, as well as in public.

It was a pleasure to join in your celebrating. May the Love of that day radiate always from boxes that overflow!

No comments: