Thursday, January 7, 2010

Post-Op Post

For those who may have missed it...We SURVIVED!
Go ahead and say 'I told you so'.......then come and hang out with us next week as we adjust to Life-With-A-Horizontal-Boy. ;)
The surgery went very well.  A mass was extracted and will be tested over the next week.  Merrick was a little nauseous at first but he slept it off.  It is now 11:45pm and he's STILL playing video games....as promised!  I've been told to indulge...so guiltlessly I will!
I hope we each get some shut eye soon...but this is unlike any hospital stay I've ever had....it's a communal area with only curtains for partitions.  Everyone here is recovering from surgery and many of them are smaller than Merrick...which means LOTS of crying and throwing of fits next door.  Merrick looks like an angel.  He really is a model patient.  If only the cast didn't itch he'd be SO content! 

He knows this is going to be hard.  But he's thankful that his pain level can now be a 2 instead of a 9 on the pain scale! Woo hoo!  Praise God for modern medicine and the wisdom given to our doctors.  Now we wait for the results.....but the good thing is that nothing unexpected was found.  Atleast that is my impression. 
The gooey yucky mass extracted is either a benign tumor or an infection....that's their story, and they're sticking to it. 

So there is our update.  I hope to sign-off soon, but I have to reiterate that we are BLOWN AWAY by the devotion to our family.  We are overwhelmed on all sides by blessings from others.  I truly feel like a rocky path has been smoothed by our friends and family.  Those are God-appointed blessings guys. Thank you for being a part of the work!

More to come and pictures on our family blog.  If you don't have an invite email me at wedogs@sbcglobal.net and you'll surely be invited to the 'party.'

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away."
Romans 8:38-39

No comments: